Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives Board Kickoff Guide
At your next board meeting, have a Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives kickoff! Set aside 20-30 minutes to discuss your organization’s Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives goals and how your board members can help you achieve them! Involving your board early on in the Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives planning process can have a great impact on your overall success. You can use this Kickoff Guide to start building excitement and support from your engaged board.
1. Introduction of Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
You can pull all of this information from the Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives FAQ page here before your kickoff!
- What is it?
- When is it?
- Who is hosting it?
- What communities does it serve?
- Why is your organization participating?
2. Overview of Past Achievements
Have you participated in a Giving Day in the past? Take the time to reflect on your past experiences and remind your team of the lessons learned!
- How much have you been able to raise?
- How many donors have you engaged? Have you acquired new donors?
- Did you obtain any matching funds? Sponsors?
- Did you utilize any new tools or platforms?
- What did you learn? How can you improve?
3. Specific Goals for Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives 2021
Before you jump into strategy, think about what you’d like your organization’s internal Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives goals to be. Starting here will help your team focus on better goal specific strategies when preparing for Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives!
- How much do you hope to raise?
- What projects, programs, or causes are you raising money for?
- How many donors do you hope to reach? How many new? How many recurring?
- How do you plan on communicating with your supporter base?
- How much in sponsorship matching dollars, prizes, and challenge incentives does your organization hope to secure?
- What are your top internal goals? What will be your top external goals?
4. How Your Board Members Can Help on Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
One of the most important aspects of your Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives is making it clear to your board members why their support is important and how they can help your organization make a difference. There are so many ways in which your board can play a part in your organization’s success, and providing several clear calls to action will make it easier for your board members to actively participate and help you achieve your goals!
- Serve on a Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives specific committee
- Board Sponsored Matching Dollars or Challenge Incentive
- Leverage their connections in the community to solicit financial or social partnerships around Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
- Serve as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers and fundraise on behalf of your organization during Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
- Enlist social ambassadors to help your organization expand their reach on social media by spreading the word to their networks
- Act as donor stewardship liaisons to help thank your Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives supporters and begin fostering relationships
- Assist in hosting a special event for your organization and its supporters on Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
5. Next Steps and Communication Plans for Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives
After you’ve kicked off Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives with your board members, you’ll likely have lots of great ideas flowing. Don’t lose that momentum! Make sure your organization has a clear communication plan for how you’ll stay in touch with your board members as you prepare and plan for Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives!
- Send a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter focused specifically on your Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives planning. Share your goals, exciting announcements, and provide clear opportunities and action steps your board members should take to help you succeed.
- Continue to include Missoula Gives & Bitterroot Gives in your regular board meetings as you prepare for the event.