Ways to Give
There are many ways to get involved in Missoula and Bitterroot Gives this year! Whether you donate financially or find a volunteer opportunity to donate your time during Missoula Gives to support the life changing work of nonprofits in our community, your donation truly makes our place special. Thank you!
Offline donations can be dropped off from 10 am to 2 pm Friday, May 5th at the Missoula Community Foundation office.
508 East Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802
If you are able to support a cause financially this year, the chart below will help you find the right path to giving for you!
May 4 & 5, 2023
MORE ABOUT DONATING VIA CHECK:
We strongly encourage all check donations be mailed by Friday, April 21st to ensure they are able to be added to the nonprofits giving totals during Missoula Gives. Checks sent later may not make it to the nonprofit before 7pm on May 5th so may not be counted in their end-of-day totals. Donations that are entered after 7pm on May 5th will still be reflected on the Missoula Gives website but may not be included in press releases or media coverage of the giving day. If you have any questions about giving via check please contact Aimee Addison, Director of Operations and Finance of Missoula Community Foundation at email@example.com or 406-926-2846.
1) Check given directly to the nonprofit: If you would prefer to give via check to support an organization during Missoula Gives, the check needs to be:
- Received by/delivered to the organization before 6pm on May 5th
- Dated May 4th or May 5th, 2023
- With Missoula Gives in the memo line - this check must be made out to the nonprofit with the intent that the gift be used for Missoula Gives.
-If the nonprofit has your email address: your receipt may be sent via email when the nonprofit adds your gift to their Missoula Gives profile.
-If the nonprofit does NOT have your email address: they will send you a receipt directly via regular mail after Missoula Gives.
2) Check given to Missoula Community Foundation to benefit several nonprofitsIf you would like to give gifts to several organizations through one offline donation, you can do so through the foundation and must:
- Mail in or drop off the Offline Donation Form and check to Missoula Community Foundation or deliver by May 5th.
Missoula Community Foundation mailing address: PO Box 8806; Missoula, MT 59807
Missoula Community Foundation physical address: 508 East Broadway; Missoula, MT
- Write check out to Missoula Community FoundationChecks are written to Missoula Community Foundation because these funds run through the foundation. A donor is able to give to multiple nonprofits through one check written out to Missoula Community Foundation, and we then distribute those funds to the nonprofits. We are not able to process a check donation made to any other organization other than Missoula Community Foundation. Missoula Community Foundation does not keep any portion of the gift unless directed to by the donor
You will receive a donor receipt from Missoula Community Foundation after Missoula Gives.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ALL OFFLINE GIFTS:
- Offline gifts do not count towards all prizes, but will be accounted for in the organization’s totals and the overall Missoula Gives totals.
- Offline gifts do not incur any fees.
- Offline gifts can be made completely anonymously through Missoula Community Foundation. Please clearly mark donations as anonymous when submitting them.